Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: class extends superclass

/ Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> was heard to say:
| Is there an element I'm missing somewhere? or would the following work:
|
|     <classsynopsis language="Java">
|       <ooclass>
|         <modifier>public</modifier>
|         <modifier>abstract</modifier>
|         <classname>SAXParserFactory</classname>
|        <modifier>extends Object</modifier>
|       </ooclass>
| </classsynopsis>
|
| It's not really a modifier though.

No, that won't work because all the modifiers have to come first. What you
want is:

   <classsynopsis language="Java">
     <ooclass>
       <modifier>public</modifier>
       <modifier>abstract</modifier>
       <classname>SAXParserFactory</classname>
     </ooclass>
     <ooclass>
       <classname>Object</classname>
     </ooclass>
   </classsynopsis>

Not exactly intuitive, but it avoids having markup names like
"extends" that are specific to a given programming language.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | No man's knowledge here can go
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | beyond his experience.--John Locke
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |