Subject: DOCBOOK: revhistory not rendered, customization

Hi all -- I'm using a standard RedHat 7.1 box (openjade, modular style sheets,
blah, blah) to format some docbook sgml. The <revhistory> info for an
article is not being rendered. Anyone know why this would be?

I hardly understand the style sheets (the docs are, well... somewhere between
pathetic and non-existant), but I located the default style sheet in
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6/docbook-utils.dsl. I looked through it,
but didn't see anything that would disable revhistory. Also spent some
time mucking about the .dsl files in
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets-1.64/print

There is stuff in there for handling revhistory. Dunno why it's being dropped.

Also, there are a number of other things I'd like to modify about the layout --
like the form of the page header, the layout of the title page, etc.  Are the
docs anywhere that detail the connection between the style sheets and the final
format (tex, html, etc.)?

b.c.