Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: procedure in article is giving a validation error

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> writes:

> "O'Donnell, Vincent" wrote:
>
> > Here is a cut-up version of my XML which gives me the same problem:
>
> You must put your procedure within section, or put it before first
> section in your article.

Like this:

  <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
  <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";>

  <article>
    <articleinfo>
      <copyright>
        <year>Blah</year>
        <holder>Blah</holder>
      </copyright>

      <title>Blah</title>
      <subtitle>Blah</subtitle>

    </articleinfo>

    <section>
      <title>Equipment</title>
      <para>blah
      </para>
    </section>

    <section>
      <title>Special Tools, Test Equipment</title>
      <itemizedlist>
        <listitem>
          <para>
            Blah
          </para>
        </listitem>
        <listitem>
          <para>
            Blah
          </para>
        </listitem>
      </itemizedlist>
    </section>

    <section>
      <title></title>
      <procedure>
        <title>Blah</title>
        <step>
          <para>
            Blah.
          </para>
        </step>

        <step>
          <para>
            Blah.
          </para>
        </step>
      </procedure>
    </section>
  </article>

The section element also requires a title. So you may want to move the
title of the procedure to the section title.

  --Mike