Subject: DOCBOOK: usage of SVG 1.0b2 module

Regarding the new SVG module at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/docbook/xml/svg/1.0b2/index.shtml

and light discussion at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200205/msg00086.html

I've applied the XSL:FO stylesheet in docbook-xsl-1.51.1
(http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/) to generate XSL:FO
from the testsvg.xml file.  However, no SVG shows up in the XSL:FO.  Does
this have something to do with docbook-xsl-1.51.1 not knowing about SVG?

Ideally, I'd like to use OpenOffice to generate SVG diagrams and load them
into docbook like this:

<mediaobject>
	<imageobject>
		<imagedata fileref="testsvg.xml" format="svg"/>
	</imageobject>
</mediaobject>

I'd rather not ugly up my docbook file with SVG point cloud info by inlining
the SVG data.  As it is, I'm going to have to post process my saved SVGs to
apply an svg namespace prefix.

Also, is this approach going to break "imageobject" for other usages, like

Thanks.
Steve Maring