Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Which conversion method should I use?

>From: Jose <studio@qadram.com>
>To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
>Subject: Re[2]: DOCBOOK: Which conversion method should I use?
>Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:56:56 +0200
>
>PS> use  chapter and section tags and have the required depth start on a
>new
>PS> page?
>
>I want to force a page break in the middle of a chapter,

Oh?  Why is that?  If it's because you want some content *following* the
page-break to be entirely presented on a sequence of pages, wouldn't it be
more convenient to have a grouping element?

I'm only asking because, while I never found myself wishing for such a
thing, more than one coworker has approached me with questions about
pagebreaks.

Personally, I find the 'grouping' approach to much more naturally follow the
hierarchical structure of the document.  It also seems like a good
formatting tool might be able to perform much more optimal layout, with
grouping information, than with explicit page-breaks.  There's also nothing
to say that these grouping elements can't be nested.

...however, perhaps you just want top-level sections to start a new page,
for example.  If that's the case, you can already do that.

Matt Gruenke