Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: [docbook-tc] Proposal: Linking in DocBook

At 23:47 24/06/2002 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Norman Walsh writes:
>
> > Fork 2: Do It Our Way OR Do It the XLink Way
> >
> >   If we do it our way, we get to define the semantics, but no tool will
> >   ever support our linking elements directly. (Well, I suppose some
> >   special purpose DocBook tool might, but let's not worry about that.)
>
>I'm wondering how such "direct" support would look like.  All toolsets
>that work with DocBook are in some way specially purposed for DocBook.

I was going to say that.
I personally either work with docbook or 'don't'.

If I'm working with docbook, then I either accept the stylesheets or
modify them (if I can) to suite.

Even if mods are 'docbook only', I'd still be happy (or roll my own),
since I'm either in 'docbook space' or not, I.e. I have never gone from
docbook to other than its html/pdf output formats, which is why I use
docbook in the first place.

I think I'm trying to say that this group has shown so much common sense
so far, I'd trust its judgement for a good while yet :-)

Your decision, I'll not knock it!

regards DaveP