Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Trouble validating with nsgmls

/ Phil Glaser <StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com> was heard to say:
| I just figured this out: if I put the "OVERRIDE	YES" option at the top of
| the catalog file (as it is in my catalog file for xhtml) everything works
| fine. If anyone could explain _why_ this works, I'd appreciate it.

OVERRIDE YES in OASIS Catalogs tells the processor that PUBLIC
identifiers are to be preferred over SYSTEM identifiers. With OVERRIDE
NO, a SYSTEM identifier (if specified) will be used in preference to
the PUBLIC identifier.

Since XML *requires* a SYSTEM identifier, OVERRIDE YES is necessary in
order for the OASIS Catalog to have any effect if you're using XML.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A man must have grown old and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lived long in order to see how
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | short life is.--Schopenhauer