Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: modifying Norman's DSSSL stylesheets

You don't modify the stylesheets (either DSSSL or XSL) directly, you
write a customization layer that makes the changes you want to the
core stylesheets.

Look at:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch02.html for creating Docbook
documents and
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch04.html for writing
customization layers.

You can use a CSS stylesheet with docbook. I use primarily XSL so I
can't tell you more about dsssl. CSS is something completley
different than either XSL or dsssl, you use that to tweak the
transformed HTML, I don't think it works with FO

HTH
Carlos

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mário Filipe" <mjnf@uevora.pt>
To: "Docbook" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 3:58 AM
Subject: DOCBOOK: modifying Norman's DSSSL stylesheets

Hi

Like I sais a few days ago, I'm writing my master thesis and I'm in
the
processo of adapting "default" dsssl stylesheets to the requirements
the
faculty made. I need to complete the whole thing by October so i
decided
I'm going to make things go along one step at a time.

Today I changed the margin config's and now I'll be asking your help
tackle some of the others (it is true that i didn't read all the
DSSSL
docs yet, but maybe someone has already done something similar...).

Today I'll ask you how to get that all page numbers be in arab
numbers
starting from the "cover page". As it stands, TOC, LOT, etc are in
pages
with roman numbers and I would like to know how to change that.

Thanks.

P.S.: The other day I asked about wich of the two stylesheets
languages
DSSSL or XSL would be better to get my thesis in print. Today I ask
you
about CSS. Is it usable to something like this? Are there any
processors?

THanks again
- --
        Mario Filipe