Subject: Re: Fw: DOCBOOK: programlisting

At (time_t)1029444941 I libeled:

> Well, blast.  I figured something that straightforward would be
> well-supported, but you're right to be concerned.  According to
> http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/supportkey/syntax.htm IE
> does not support this.
>
> According to that table, there is a long list of CSS2 selectors
> that IE does not support.  CSS2.1, which is something of a
> snapshot of currently supported features, still includes the
> .class syntax, but only Opera and Mozilla/Netscape apparently
> support it.

As it turns out, I was misreading the table.  IE may not support
matching arbitrary attributes, but IE 6 at least does handle the
class selector properly.

If anyone has convenient access to other versions of IE, a report
of the behavior of http://www.geekhavoc.com/css.html would be
greatly appreciated.

--
John R. Daily