Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: XInclude vs. external entities (Re: The best way to'include' parts...)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> / "Zhuravleva, Tatyana" <Tatyana.Zhuravleva@scala.net> was heard to say:
> | I've been trying to download the URI resolver from
> | http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/
> | for two weeks now; keep getting some transaction error.
>
> Bleh.
>
> | Is there any alternative location where I could get it?...
>
> Yes, it's part of the XML Commons package at xml.apache.org.

Here's a direct link to the download directory:

  http://xml.apache.org/dist/commons/

Make sure to grab the latest release - currently, xml-commons-1.0.b2 -
and note that all you really need from the distribution is the
resolver.jar file (in the /java/build/ directory). For the purposes of
doing entity and URI resolving, you can safely ignore the rest of the
stuff in the xml-commons distro.

More details about XML Catalogs and the resolver classes is available at:

  http://docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DocBookAndXmlCatalogs