Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: resolver for xml catalogs

At 04:38 12/09/2002, Michael Smith wrote:
>Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
>
>> / "Zhuravleva, Tatyana" <Tatyana.Zhuravleva@scala.net> was heard to say:
>> | I've been trying to download the URI resolver from
>> | http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/
>> | for two weeks now; keep getting some transaction error.
>>
>> Bleh.
>>
>> | Is there any alternative location where I could get it?...
>>
>> Yes, it's part of the XML Commons package at xml.apache.org.
>
>Here's a direct link to the download directory:
>
>  http://xml.apache.org/dist/commons/
>
>Make sure to grab the latest release - currently, xml-commons-1.0.b2 -
>and note that all you really need from the distribution is the
>resolver.jar file (in the /java/build/ directory).

And Norm's writeup (screwed by Suns processing of it :-)
It's worth a read... and for reference.

> For the purposes of
>doing entity and URI resolving, you can safely ignore the rest of the
>stuff in the xml-commons distro.
>
>More details about XML Catalogs and the resolver classes is available at:
>
>  http://docbook.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DocBookAndXmlCatalogs

declaration: As those of you monitoring the oft dormant irc channel
may have realised, I'm becoming an avid xml catalog fan.

I'm going to do some more write-up on it soon.... Stopping smoking
is taking most of my attention recently.

I've now moved all my xslt (Saxon) and xml validation to
a catalog based application from Daniel, xmllint (daft name but it works :-)
which is proving really valuable in terms of time saving.

Do try it, it makes me smile!

regards DaveP