Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: SGML or XML newbie questions

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 12:09:58AM -0400, Mike Mueller wrote:
> 1. I am making some fair progress using Jade and SGML.  Should I switch over
> to XSLT and XML?

At least if you're producing printable material, you should definitely
stick with it.

> 2. Is this the right list to ask jade/DSSSL questions?

No, docbook-apps is the place.

> I changed the bgcolor attribute of the shade-verbatim-attr to
> lightblue.  I did it by editing the dbparam.dsl file as root.  Not
> the best practice I think.

You should write a customisation layer, as described in the docbook-dsssl doc.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique