Subject: DOCBOOK: Entity Reference Resolution on an HTTP Server

Whose job is it to resolve entities referenced within an XML document served
out from an http server.  For example, I have a docbook document with a
… in it.  (Who knows how that is going to look in Outlook.) When I
attempt to open the document with Mozilla, he chokes on the entity reference.
If the browser is expected to resolve this reference, then how?  Can I do
that with CSS?

My doctype definition looks thus:
<!DOCTYPE chapter PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>

Now, in a perfect world Mozilla would just go out and read that from
www.oasis-open.org.  That don't seem to be happ'nin'.  What's plan 'B'?  I'm
running apache.

--
TIA,