Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Subsets anyone?

>From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@speakeasy.net>
>To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
>Subject: DOCBOOK: Subsets anyone?
>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:05:36 -0400

>I began to build a 'master' document for the documents I have.  My
>documents are currently books.
>I realized I wanted to form a global document to hold all these books.
>So I started to make a set.  I then realized that I actually wanted a set
>for each subject, and then a set of all sets.

This has come up, before.  Personally, I'm a little skeptical that what
people really want is to combine all of their books and sets (even those
covering different topics) into a single document.  Is what you're after
simply a means for someone to view/access your entire collection?  If so,
why don't you make a separate document that indexes your works?  You could
even use 'ulink's, so that (depending on your output format) someone could
easily access the books, articles, and sets which the index references.

Matt