Subject: DOCBOOK: problems with install on windows platform

Hello,

I have installed the following components:
- docbook xml 4.2
- docbook xsl 1.55.0
- xsltproc

and I set the XML_CATALOG_FILES env. var. as specified in the doc.

but when I run xsltproc, it cannot fetch the DTD! Is this because I'm behind
a firewall? Shouldn't it look in the local file system to fetch the dtd
according to the --catalog option?

this is the command:

xsltproc --catalogs c:\docbook\docbook-xsl-1.55.0\htmlhelp\htmlhelp.xsl
user-manual.xml

and this is what I get as error message:

xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost:  Failed to resolve host
'www.oasis-open.org'xmlNanoHTTPConnectHost:  Failed to resolve host
'www.oasis-open.org'user-manual.xml:8: warning: failed to load external
entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";
]>
 ^

nevertheless does it generate the htmlhelp output. But without validation I
presume.

Regards,

Marc Schlienger.