Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: problems with install on windows platform

At 21:26 08/10/2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>  Not really. Basically if you give a filename as an input it may have
>to be used later to build an URI from an URI-Reference and there things
>were turning nasty if you were using Windows path names like c:\foo\bar
>for example ../foo2 would give back "foo2" and not "c:\foo2"

OK. I'm getting used to x: or file:///////x: or similar not working.

What I've not seen is a way of getting round it.

E.g. Some X* setting that says, use this 'windows path'
as a root or something,
ie. something that gets round this windows craziness.

Where X might be (env variable set to c:/dir/dir2,
parameter set to C:,
or almost anything similar, which is well thought out.

I doubt I would want to refer to f:dir/file from
a stylesheet on c:/dir;
i.e. more likely I would want to say ../../ etc,

Not suggesting a solution, just an approach?

Regards DaveP