Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

Robert P. J. Day wrote

> i've asked before what would be appropriate for a set of exercises
> as well.  i'm using docbook to rewrite a bunch of courseware manuals,
> and there are frequent exercises every few pages for the students to
> test what they've (supposedly) just learned.
>
> so i'm interested in suggestions as well.
>
> rday

For whatever it's worth, I marked up the exercises in

 http://greenbooks.theonering.net/ostadan/files/elvish.pdf

as a qandaset, though I wasn't thinking ahead far enough to use
role="exercises" or the like, which would have been more specific.  I
do not see any problems with the semantics of qandaset in such a case;
am I overlooking something?  Note that the concrete presentation of my
document places the exercise answers later, in an appendix.