Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 17:25 schrieb Stephan Wiesner:
> exercises with the same solution. I then developed a style sheet to
> create documents with the exercises displayed in the text flow and the
> solutions at the end (both linked), or not at all, depending on the
> purpose.

This is exactly what is needed in a class!

1) In the handout you give to your pupils at the beginning of a course, the
solutions have not to be included because otherwise the pupils will peek at
it and are prevented from making their own thoughts.

2) But as the teacher, you need a document including the solutions just after
the exercises they belong to. (You, of course, want to peek.)

3) At the end of the course, the pupils should be handed a copy of all
solutions to all exercises.

4) If you decide to publish your course as a book, you will want to include
the solutions in an appendix at the end.

Joachim