Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

* martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk; <martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk> on 11 Oct, 2002 wrote:
>I tend to agree. Such a structure would be useful to me too.

So far yes

>Perhaps these might be useful? (or something similar)...

Yes but every lesson (call it module/section whatever) should also have
 performance requirements (objectives). The way I am thinking is you
have objective (perfomance requirement) which is explained in the
following paragraph(s) and then you have exercise ( Self assesment)
which I agree with the format below

Normally Performance Requirements are also questions (though you can
pharse them as sentences as long as they are measurable and clear yet
this was an old approach)

ie.
<objective>
<listitem>
<para>What are the commonly used XSLT tools ?</para>
 </listitem>
</objective>

<para>bla bla bla........</para>

>    <exercise>
>     <exerciseinfo>...as in sectioninfo...</exerciseinfo>
>     <setup>...information on what is needed to setup the exercise,
>student data etc...</setup>
>     <scenario>...</scenario>
>     <question>...</question>
>     <answer>...</answer>
>    </exercise>

My reasoning is if Docboook tags will be extended to include the above
then the metodlogy of performance based learning should be included (
objectives) also

Hope I did not make it an extra step

--

Togan Muftuoglu