Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

Norm

There seems to be a rough consensus on this now. What's the next step?

Mart

Am Samstag, 12. Oktober 2002 12:13 schrieb martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk:
>      <exercise>
>       <exerciseinfo>...as in sectioninfo...</exerciseinfo>
>       <setup>...information on what is needed to setup the exercise,
> student data etc...</setup>
>       <scenario>...</scenario>
>       <task>
>         <objective>...</objective>
>         <solution>...</solution>
>       </task>
>       <task>
>         <objective>...</objective>
>         <solution>...</solution>
>       </task>
>      </exercise>

This structure makes complete sense to me. The term <task> is much better
than
<problem>. In an <objective> you can also say "Answer the following
questions" and than just use an OrderedList. And so you can do in the
corresponding <solution>.

> Some method of controlling Stylesheets would be required to enable
authors
> to display <solution>s or not depending on the documentation required.
For
> example, a Student version of the document might not contain <solution>s
> whereas the Tutor version of the document would contain everything.

That would be really great!

Joachim