Subject: DOCBOOK: MathML? With docbook-xslt?

What's that status on the MathML support for DocBook?  I'm using Mathematica
to generate MathML output, and would like to include this in DocBook
document.  When I looked at the very sparse documentation on how to do this,
it appears that DocBook will require me to significantly modify my MathML.
That is, MathML such as that shown below would require all the tags to also
contain mml:, as in <mml:math xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML'>
<mml:mrow>, etc.

"<math xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML'>
 <mrow>
  <msup>
   <mi>x</mi>
   <mn>2</mn>
  </msup>
  <mo>+</mo>
  <mn>1</mn>
 </mrow>
</math>"

Perhaps this sample code contains the answer to my own question.  That is, if
I use the above form of the math begin tag, then I don't need to specify the
name space in all the subordinate tags.  This is how it works in xhtml.

Another question I have is whether I can use this with the doc-book xlst
suite.  I want to write what amounts to a math, or physics book using a
combination of DocBook and Mathematica generated MML and images, etc.

I use XEmacs to do all my DocBook authoring, and the management of both MathML
and DocBook XML is already a bit unnerving.  Things could get messy in a
hurry.  I'd rather not have to change the MML generated by Mathematica if I
don't need to.

Perhaps the answer might be to create XHTML files for the MML elements and
somehow include these into the DocBook document.  Is that possible?
Reasonable?  Can I simply 'inline' XHTML in some way into a DocBook document?
It's important that I be able to use the XSLT processor to generate HTML
without too much additional fuss.

Am I sailing off the edge of the known world here?

--
Hatton's Law: There is only One inviolable Law