Subject: DOCBOOK: XSL:FO Document Organization

I've been trying to figure out how the DocBook XSL stylesheets organize
the resulting output.  I am using the Xalan/FOP toolchain.  When I view
the resulting PDF file, the pages I see are:

- title page, including title and author
- page with rules on top and bottom, along the with title and author
- a page with rules on top and bottom, *with no content*
- dedication
- TOC
- colophon *not at the end of the document*
- parts, chapters, etc.

Is there any documentation anywhere that describes the sequence of
pages that is being generated?  I'd love to either get rid of, or
provide content within, the empty third page.  So far though, my
searches have been for naught.

Thanks for any advice.

Jason Foster