Subject: DOCBOOK: Processing Docbook with Xalan 2.4 and Java 1.4.1

I am still having problems creating a TOC from docbook-xsl-
1.51.1/html/chunk.xsl using Xalan under Java 1.4.1 Please let me know if I
should be looking elsewhere for an answer.

When I process my document using Xalan under Java 1.4.1 I get a no class
found error for IncrementalXerces_Saxsource. My understanding is that an
old version of Xalan now comes packaged with Java 1.4.1.

If I create a java bootclasspath pointing to xalan.jar (2.4), related
xercesImpl.jar, and xml-apis.jar (thus overriding the jars that come
packaged with java 1.4.1) I can get html created perfectly except for a
missing TOC. (I've also used the latest xalan jars from overnight builds).

If I process a small test document, without the bootclasspath, I get a no
class found error plus a hundred other errors but I get perfect html with
the TOC created correctly. If I process a larger document, xalan dies
after  creating 3 html chunks.

Is there a way for me to get Xalan to work correctly under Java 1.4.1.

Vincent Hikida