Subject: RE : docbook dc:contributor

> / Frédéric Glorieux <frederic.glorieux@ajlsm.com> was heard to say:
> | A vCard seems to go correctly in an <address/> (with the name in
it).
> | Is it the good wrapper? Could we build address-book apps on it?
>
> To the extent that the vCard data is an address, you can put it in an
> address.

One of the limits I will touch, is about geographical coordinates usable
in the vCard schema. It's very far from software documentations...

> I think I'd have chosen othercredit, but author will work.

Semantic problem, I will check my English dictionaries.

[about Dublin Core and Docbook]
> I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at.

Sorry.
	In my documentation world, Dublin Core is well known. For
example, some people believe in something called OAI protocol (first hit
of this name in google). This thing could be implemented on a server, to
answer dc:tags on a question like, "what's this document?". For my case
(perhaps others), docbook is a good candidate to be a schema for various
documents. The question will be, what are the exact conversions between
dc and docbook? Other example, equivalences between biblio Records.
Official transformations, sort of dc2dbk.xsl and dbk2dc.xsl  could give
some confidence to do the right choices on the elements, and keep
compatibility. I understand some possible risks, people will use part of
the docbook elements with less liberty and rules coming from an other
schema. The same thing could be said for dbk:address and vCard. In hope
to be understandable, but not too long.