Subject: Re: [docbook] strict versus transitional XHTML tables [was: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 Mar 2003]

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:22:19 -0600, Paul Grosso wrote
> At 00:05 2003 03 19 +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
> >Paul Grosso wrote:
>   XSL-HTML:  <td bgcolor="green">  if you don't mind transitional
> HTML or             <td style="background-color: green">  if you
> want to use CSS

This is not using CSS in the sense that I understand it. Will this approach to
generating the html allow the user flexibility with respect to the validation
level he or she chooses. I don't think so. And to foist off these embedded
style issues on another tool such as Tidy is, in my view, poor design and
fraught with risk.

<snip/>
> green background when they say role="glump"?

These references are simply cheep shots, Paul. Dave was trying to make a point
about syntax and its relationship to possible cosmetics.

       ...edN