Subject: Re: XHTML tables; examples

Paul

thanks for your quick and helpful reply.
(more below)

>>DocBook markup would probably be allowed inside td elements?
>>
> Yes, just like DocBook markup is now allowed inside CALS entry elements.

So the content model described in
tdg-en-html-2.0.7/tdg/en/html/entry.html
would be allowed inside tr and th. Something I forgot? Other XHTML table
elements which will allowed to contain DocBook elements?

>>Would there be something like type="xhtml" on the table element?
>>
> No--we see no need.
>
> If some process needs to determine if a table is using
> CALS or HTML markup, it can look to see if the table
> contains a tgroup element (required by CALS and not
> in the HTML tag set).

OK, very helpful.

Thanks again,

Tobi

[1]
entry ::=
(#PCDATA|footnoteref|xref|abbrev|acronym|citation|citerefentry|
  citetitle|emphasis|firstterm|foreignphrase|glossterm|footnote|
  phrase|quote|trademark|wordasword|personname|link|olink|ulink|
  action|application|classname|methodname|interfacename|
  exceptionname|ooclass|oointerface|ooexception|command|
  computeroutput|database|email|envar|errorcode|errorname|
  errortype|errortext|filename|function|guibutton|guiicon|guilabel|
  guimenu|guimenuitem|guisubmenu|hardware|interface|keycap|keycode|
  keycombo|keysym|literal|constant|markup|medialabel|menuchoice|
  mousebutton|option|optional|parameter|prompt|property|
  replaceable|returnvalue|sgmltag|structfield|structname|symbol|
  systemitem|token|type|userinput|varname|nonterminal|anchor|
  author|authorinitials|corpauthor|modespec|othercredit|
  productname|productnumber|revhistory|remark|subscript|
  superscript|inlinegraphic|inlinemediaobject|inlineequation|
  synopsis|cmdsynopsis|funcsynopsis|classsynopsis|fieldsynopsis|
  constructorsynopsis|destructorsynopsis|methodsynopsis|indexterm|
  beginpage|calloutlist|glosslist|itemizedlist|orderedlist|
  segmentedlist|simplelist|variablelist|caution|important|note|tip|
  warning|literallayout|programlisting|programlistingco|screen|
  screenco|screenshot|formalpara|para|simpara|graphic|mediaobject)*

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/