Subject: Re: XHTML tables; examples

Paul Grosso wrote:

> At 12:27 2003 03 19 +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >is this what it could look like?
> >
> ><section>
> >  <title>Languages</title>
> >      summary="This table charts some programming languages,
> >      and lists their notation, main paradigm, notation, and domain.">
> >      <caption>My favourite programming languages.</caption>
>
> Yes.

HTML tables guys, you don't mean this really seriously? You are
proposing that some tables will have title specified in <title> and
others in <caption>? This will make DocBook very inconsistent. All
elements will have title specified in <title> and only tables (when used
HTML ones) will use <caption>.

Tell me how should I explain this to DocBook newcomers? They will think
that DocBook is randomly collected tag set.

I can understand you arguments for inclusion of HTML table model, but I
think that drawbacks of this solution will outweigh benefits.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz