Subject: Re: The Gmane mail gateway.

On 19 Mar 2003, Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> wrote:

> >> Has anybody subscribed to the gmane.org newserver?
>
> Using Gmane, I was lurking on this group for awhile just gleaming
> information.  Then, I needed to ask a question and gmane rejected me
> based on the policies of this group.  So, I had to sign up.

IMHO signing up is appropriate. The policies of gmane.org are not the
best; if I forgot to suppress my entries there then you'll be able to see
why I say that. Amongst other things gmane.org to me is a one-stop shop
for address harvesters.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!