Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: No attribute value 'PDF' in imagedata

Joachim,

First: do you have Acrobat 4.0 or later?

Because it appears that the format allows EPS (not PDF) I would suggest
that you produce EPS format images for your publications. Using Acrobat
4.0 allows you to Export a PDF format file to EPS using the
File/Export/PostScript or EPS menu item. Therefore you can do the following:

1. Launch Acrobat 4 (or later)
2. Crop the image if required.
3. Click File/Export/PostScript or EPS
4. Click Save on the Export PostScript or EPS Oprions window
5. Provide the desired file name and path in the Export PS - Specify EPS
File Name window.

This will save the EPS format file and leave the original PDF format
file alone. I have not included EPS format files in my XML output so I
cannot vouch for its support. Someone else will have to answer that
question.

Sincerely, Jeff Biss