Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: No attribute value 'PDF' in imagedata

Joachim Ziegler wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I've just tried the following from Bob Staytons 2using the XSLT
 > Stylesheets":
 >
 > Example 16.1. Multiple graphics in a mediaobject
 >
 > <mediaobject  id="MousePicture">
 >   <imageobject  role="html">
 >     <imagedata  format="PNG"  fileref="mouse.png"/>
 >   </imageobject>
 >   <imageobject  role="fo">
 >     <imagedata  format="PDF"  fileref="mouse.pdf"/>
 >   </imageobject>
 > </mediaobject>
 >

 > But xmllint says:
 >
 >  validity error: Value "PDF" for attribute format of imagedata is not
 > among the enumerated set

hmm, the xsl package seems to allow/expect PDF images (with suitable
extensions enabled), so I don't understand why 'PDF' isn't a valid
format attribute.

For example, fo/graphics.xsl contains this:

<xsl:param name="graphic.notations">
   <!-- n.b. exactly one leading space, one trailing space, and one
inter-word space -->
   <xsl:choose>
     <xsl:when test="$passivetex.extensions != 0">
       <xsl:text> PNG PDF JPG JPEG linespecific </xsl:text>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:when test="$fop.extensions != 0">
       <xsl:text> SVG PNG PDF JPG JPEG linespecific </xsl:text>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:when test="$arbortext.extensions != 0">
       <xsl:text> PNG PDF JPG JPEG linespecific GIF GIF87a GIF89a TIFF
BMP </xsl:text>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:when test="$xep.extensions != 0">
       <xsl:text> SVG PNG PDF JPG JPEG linespecific GIF GIF87a GIF89a
TIFF BMP </xsl:text>
     </xsl:when>
     <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:text> PNG PDF JPG JPEG linespecific GIF GIF87a GIF89a TIFF
BMP </xsl:text>
     </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
</xsl:param>

which seems to imply that all the above extensions support pdf
inclusions.

Regards,
		Stefan