Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: sgml vs xml

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 01:37:55PM -0800, Ben Hratshorne wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 09:57:24PM +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> > Ben Hratshorne wrote:
> >
> > > I was confused by this.  Though I understood the difference between
> > > SGML/XML and DSSSL/XSL (you're right it was a typo), I thought that if
> > > you use SGML, you must use DSSSL, and if you use XML, you must use XSL.
> > > I was unaware you could use DSSSL with XML.  Is the converse true - can
> > > you use XSL with SGML?
> >
> > No. You must first convert SGML into XML. You can use tools like sx for
> > this task.

So basically, if you can afford a slightly more conplicated build
process, Jirka just said "yes you can" :)

> any idea what debian package might have this tool?

It's available as "sgml2xml" in old package "sp", and as "osx" in
package "opensp".

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique