Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: marking up keycaps according to their semantics

Tim Waugh wrote:

> I always understood <keycap> to mean the actual writing on the
> physical key.

Makes sense for character keys; see the other posts.

> Of course, <keycap/> probably isn't a good way
> of describing the space bar.. ;-)

Yes it isn't; there is no space character included.

Probably
   <keycap> </keycap>
is a better way.

A more robust way (concering whitespace handling in XML tools) might be
to allow

   <keycap function="space"/>

but this is only a workaround for whitespace issues since the space key
(typically) isn't a function key.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/