Subject: RE : [docbook] HTML BR tags

	Hello,

	Docbook make the choice to understand a break line as a non
semantic distinction. There are good justifications to that. TEI provide
an <l/> element (for verses), xhtml2 imitated the idea and have
eliminated <br/> (better than a <literallayout/>?).
	To our opinion (and implementation), we think that breaking a
line make sense in a paragraph, it's not a new paragraph but a little
break in the idea. To make it work, our xsl match an empty
"phrase[@role='br']", replaced by a <br/> in html. We choose <phrase/>
instead of <emphasis/> because in this case, nothing is emphases.

	In hope it helps,
	Fred.