Subject: docbook.xsl -- xsl help needed!

Hi,

I have documents in docbook xml format that I would like to convert into
HTML, using docbook.xsl.  My requirement is simple, and they are:

(1) <html tag  should have the id attribute with the value to be sent
as parameter during conversion <html id=$parameterValue>
(2) Whole content of the page should be in one table.
(3) I have to remove the horizontal line at the top of the page, so that
title of the page starts right from the top, leaving no space.

I have done the following:

version="1.0">

<!-- Locate html/docbook.xsl, and change the directory as necessary -->
<xsl:import
href="/home/damar/damar/docBookXsl/docbook-xsl-1.57.0/html/docbook.xsl"/>

<!-- generate HTML skeleton on root element -->
<xsl:template match="/">
    <head>
      <title>testing only</title>
    </head>
                <tbody>
                        <xsl:apply-templates/>
                </tbody>
</xsl:template>

So far, only my requirement number 2 is working ie the content inside a
table.

How can I set <html id to take a sent parameter value as its
value? How can I send parameter during process? I am using xsltproc.

How can I remove top horizontal line and the space above it?

Any pointers/relevant docs etc would be highly appreciated.

Damar