Subject: Re: [docbook] Table questions

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 04:56:03AM -0400, Ed Stuart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the 4.2 DTD; do tables allow for column headers, as opposed to row
> headers?

I guess I think of "column header" as the header at the top
of a column, which DocBook has.  I guess you mean a column
of headers that identify rows.  No, the CALS table model
in DocBook does not have an element for such headers.
You could add a role attribute to the entry elements that
should be used as such headers, and customize the stylesheet
to respond to the attribute.

> Also, when I'm using the 1.60.1 version of the XSLT Stylesheets,
> can I have tables without visible borders and can I change the background
> color of a column or row?

Yes, you have some control over these features, depending
on your output format.  See this reference:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/SolveProblems.html#Tables

                                            email: bobs@sco.com