Subject: Re: [docbook] URN for Simplified DocBook and DocBook XML

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Using URN is a very good practise in many places (e.g. namespace
> identifiers) but not in system identifiers. System identifier must be
> always resolvable, and this can't be guaranteed with URN.

According to the standard is a URN also a valid URI - IMHO. Or did I
misinterpret the docs I read? A SystemLiteral is URI and both URL
and URN are URIs. So why not use a URN als SystemLiteral?

I could use catalog files to resolve the URN. Or not?

MfG

--

Oliver Fischer

--[ Oliver Fischer ]-[ plexus@snafu.de ]---------------------------
Technologie des letzten Jahrtausends? Das Internet!
http://www.xshare.com