Subject: Any way to do an indented ("prose") paragraph?

Hello there,

I'm trying to find a way to mark a paragraph so that the first (and only the
first) line is indented, like you see in normal prose. For example:

    "Now!" cried Gimli. "Stop him, Legolas!"
    "Did I not say that I wished to speak to you?" said the old man. "Put
away that bow, Master Elf!"
    The bow and arrow fell from Legolas' hands...

Each paragraph has a tab in the first line, though the paragraph can have
more than one line. This can't be a new problem, but I can't seem to find it
in the FAQ or the online documentation at www.docbook.org .

I'm assuming that there might be a "role" parameter for the <para> marker;
but I can't seem to find  a list of those, either (I found out only by
reading some other code that there is a role for "bold" in <emphasis>). Is
there some place where the roles are listed?

Thank you for your help, and the people who created DocBook for a lot of
great work.

Y, Scot

--
                       Verbing weirds language