Subject: Re: [docbook] How to mark up inline program listings?

Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> How would I write the following XHTML 1 fragment in DocBook 4?
>
> <!-- inlne code listing -->
>
> Somehow I can't find an element for inline program listings. This
>
> <!-- invalid -->
> <para>To print out hello "world run" run
> <inlineprogramlisting>print 'Hello world'</inlineprogramlisting>.</para>
>
> ... doesn't exist.

Your example looks like Userinput to me, not a program listing.

I speculate that the reason there's no element for inline program
listings is maybe that "program listing' implies multi-line block
content of program source code -- something different that a string
that you're instructing a user to input/enter.

  --Mike

PGP signature