Subject: RE: [docbook] Converting from Word/RTF to Simple DocBook/DocBook Article to DocBook Book

Looks like they've just posted an xslt that's revised for the new version of their dtd as well as one for the old dtd.

It would be pretty easy to hack their xsls to give you a book instead of an article--just change it so that top level sections become chapters. The other difference you might have to deal with is that articles allow paras and stuff between the title and the first section, where books don't.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dpawson@nildram.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 10:25 AM
To: Kenneth Johansson; DOCBOOK
Subject: Re: [docbook] Converting from Word/RTF to Simple
DocBook/DocBook Article to DocBook Book

At 15:04 24/06/2003 +0200, Kenneth Johansson wrote:
>I am not very good at XSL and need an easy way to convert my Word
>documents to DocBook "book" format.

UPcast .... http://www.infinity-loop.de/products/upcast/
told me they had put the word->docbook xslt stylesheet more readily available.
I still can't find it.

Its a 100 dollar product (very useful IMO) which does what it says on the tin.

The xslt stylesheet takes it from their xml to docbook.

HTH ... a little DaveP