Subject: Re: [docbook] [SLIDES] what about toc?

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 pcasidy@casidy.com wrote:

Hi all,

> I thought that two until I saw people using acroread to display their
> slides.
> If you look at paragraph 6.4.1 from the PDF spec, you will see that it
> is planned to be able to use pdf as presentation file format.
> You may have embedded javascript too.

I nearly always use pdf for my slides, basically using TeX/LaTeX
and pdflatex to generate a pdf (acroread has a nice CTRL +L feature to go
full screen). Some pointers are the prosper LaTeX package and foiltex.
you can add hyperlinks (hyperref, etc..)

> For the moment, I have manually inserted slides with titles on it. My
> slides must be ready for the coming week.

another possibility to consider (although it may not fit your needs, and
surely not for next week ;)) is to
use docbook slides DTD, and then transform to LaTeX using db2latex
(http://db2latex.sf.net, http://www.sf.net/projects/db2latex) there is
basic support for foils and foilgroups (cf. see the slides directory) and
I can improve it if people seem interested in it...

Regards,
Ramon