Subject: Re: [docbook] profiling document with link problem

Patrick Eisenacher wrote:

> Since I didn't specify any profiling options yet, the complete document
> should be generated to my understanding. The document is generated
> indeed, but the link could not be resolved and points to the document's
> beginning. The link is not related to any of the profiled contents.

The problem is in fact, that key() function which is used to lookup ID
values works over nodes from source XML document, but when you do
profiling the stylesheet works with temporary nodeset which was
converted from temporary result tree fragment and this nodeset is not
covered by index created for key() function.

I thought that this should work as the key() function will lookup IDs
for links from the full document.

As a workaround you can:

1. Do 2-stage profiling using temporary document with profiled content
2. Use Saxon which works well in this situation

Maybe DV can fix this issue inside xsltproc, but question is whether
Saxon or xsltproc is correct in this particular case. As node-set()
function is not defined in XSLT standard it will be hard to judge
conformance if there is no standard to conform to :-(

					Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
   http://www.kosek.cz