Subject: Re: [docbook] profiling document with link problem

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 03:09:32PM +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> Patrick Eisenacher wrote:
>
> > Since I didn't specify any profiling options yet, the complete document
> > should be generated to my understanding. The document is generated
> > indeed, but the link could not be resolved and points to the document's
> > beginning. The link is not related to any of the profiled contents.
>
> The problem is in fact, that key() function which is used to lookup ID
> values works over nodes from source XML document, but when you do
> profiling the stylesheet works with temporary nodeset which was
> converted from temporary result tree fragment and this nodeset is not
> covered by index created for key() function.
>
> I thought that this should work as the key() function will lookup IDs
> for links from the full document.
>
> As a workaround you can:
>
> 1. Do 2-stage profiling using temporary document with profiled content
> 2. Use Saxon which works well in this situation
>
> Maybe DV can fix this issue inside xsltproc, but question is whether
> Saxon or xsltproc is correct in this particular case. As node-set()
> function is not defined in XSLT standard it will be hard to judge
> conformance if there is no standard to conform to :-(

 I don't understand fully the issue. Especially I don't understand how
the result of a node-set() could ever be the target for a key(), this
function is defined only for input documents, nothing else as far as I
can tell. And with respect to IDness I don't see either how this could
work.
 If you can isolate a complete example independant of the DocBook
stylesheets and put it on GNOME bugzilla, I will have a look at it
    http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/bugs.html

   thanks,

Daniel