Subject: problems with the use of the bibliography.collection parameter

Hello

Being relatively new to docbook I have encountered the flollowing problem.

Environment: redhat linux 7.3 ant the tools therein such as xmlto and
xsltproc.

Objective: pull bibliography entries from a file using the parameter
bibliography.collection
as described in here:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/BiblioDatabase.html.

Method: I my main document I add empty entries like this:
<bibliomixed id="bib.pdf">
</bibliomixed>
In an xsl fragment I define the parameter like this:
<xsl:param name="bibliography.collection" select="'bb.xml'"/>
I then use the command:
xmlto -m myfragment.xsl html-nochunks mymainfile.xml

Problem:
No text is pulled from the bibliography file bb.xml

Is this familiar to someone ??

Regards

Ib Koersner
The Svedberg Laboratory