Subject: RE: [docbook] Error processing FO output from docbook-xsl

Hi,

Yes, XmlSpy did insert that. However, I have tried removing it and there
is no difference in the FO that is generated. As far as I can see, the
problem is related to the generated FO rather than the docbook document.

Regards,

Rob Shields

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Reif [mailto:tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com]
Sent: 08 October 2003 11:17
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Robert Shields; Jens Stavnstrup

Robert Shields wrote:
 > Here is the docbook document I am using:
 >
 > <?xml version="1.0"?>
 > <?xmlspysps C:\Program
 > Files\Altova\AUTHENTIC2004\sps\Template\Publishing\DocBook.sps?>
 > <article id="article" xmlns="http://www.star.net.uk/";>
 > 	<title>Article Title</title>
 > 	<indexterm id="foo" class="startofrange">
 > 		<primary>FOO</primary>
 > 	</indexterm>
 > 	<para>Some text.<footnote>
 > 			<para>This is a footnote.</para>
 > 		</footnote></para>
 > 	<indexterm startref="foo" class="endofrange"/>
 > </article>

Check

xmllint --dtdvalid
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"; --noout -
-:2: warning: xmlParsePITarget: invalid name prefix 'xml' <?xmlspysps
C:\Program
            ^

and

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-pi
"PITarget ::=  Name - (('X' | 'x') ('M' | 'm') ('L' | 'l'))"

Other than that the document seems to be valid DBX 4.2.

Did XML Spy insert this PI?

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/