Subject: Re: [docbook] Error processing FO output from docbook-xsl

Jeff Beal wrote:
>>and
>>
>>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-pi
>>"PITarget ::=  Name - (('X' | 'x') ('M' | 'm') ('L' | 'l'))"
>>
>>Other than that the document seems to be valid DBX 4.2.
>>
>>Did XML Spy insert this PI?
>
> I don't believe that section prevents PI targets from _starting_ with 'xml',

I had only glanced over this portion of the spec and somehow thought
that PI target names had the same constraint as namespace prefixes:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#xmlReserved
"Namespace Constraint: Leading "XML"
Prefixes beginning with the three-letter sequence x, m, l, in any case
combination, are reserved for use by XML and XML-related specifications."

> only equalling xml.  The text below this definition states, "The target
> names "XML", "xml", and so on are reserved..."

Thus "so on" stands for "xML" etc, not for "xmlfoo"? I think you are
correct.

But then xmllint is wrong when it says:

-:2: warning: xmlParsePITarget: invalid name prefix 'xml'
<?xmlspysps C:\Program
            ^

Daniel, if you hear me, should I file a bug report?

> There's nothing wrong with
> XML Spy using 'xmlspy' as its standard processing instruction target.

AFAICS you're correct.
(the problems I mentioned I had with Spy were not related and were much
more severe)

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/