Subject: Re: [docbook] could docbook generate a us 1040 tax form?

Phillip,

As I see it you should be able to layout a form using a table to help
align your text. For example the 1040 consists of two columns. One wide
to the left that provides the questions and another narrow to the right
that allows for the data entry. The table would be configured to use no
lines as a border or between cells. The table element can contain a
number of usefull child elements and can have its cells merged to
provide a variety of layouts.

This might be an oversimplification of the real 1040.

Sincerely, Jeff Biss