Subject: Re: [docbook] Marking up exercices

Bob Stayton wrote:
>>- The exercises should be numbered throughout the whole document by the
>>stylesheets. (If that's not possible, then if an exercise within an
>>exercise section is the only one, it should not get number "1", because
>>that's obvious.)
>

> You can number consecutively with a stylesheet customization
> such as this:
>
> <xsl:template match="question" mode="label.markup">
>   <xsl:number level="any" count="qandaentry" format="1"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> By setting level="any", it will consecutively count all
> qandaentry elements in the entire document.

OK, that works.

But the number always appaear as "1.", "2." and it seems that it is in a
leftmost cell of a row of a table.

What I want is the word "Exercise" printed before the number:

<xsl:template match="question" mode="label.markup">
<xsl:text>Exercise </xsl:text>
   <xsl:number level="any" count="qandaentry" format="1"/>
</xsl:template>

This gives me something like this in the browser

+-----------------------------------
|Exercise | ...Text of the exercise...

It should look a simple as

Exercise 1: ... Text of the exercise...

How do I do that?

And why is a table generated at all?

--
Joachim Ziegler                       Stuhlsatzenhausweg 85
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik    66123 Saarbrücken