Subject: Re: [docbook] Marking up exercices

Bob Stayton wrote:
> You might try replacing your space with a nonbreaking space:
>
> <xsl:text>Exercise&#160;</xsl:text>

This works well for the HTML output, but in PDF output, the space
vanishes, so you have something like "Exercise1".

> An alternative is a processing instruction in
> the qandaset to widen the left column:
>
> <?dbhtml label-width="15%" ?>
>
>>And why is a table generated at all?
>

> I'm not sure, but I suspect to permit the alignment of the
> question and answer labels and paragraphs.  A table permits
> more control over the formatting than a <dl> list provides.

Would it be hard to customize my stylesheet so that it does not create a
table, but merely somthing like "Exercise 1: bla bla bla..."?

A table is not appropriate for the printed version here.

Where do I have to start from?

Joachim