Subject: Re: [docbook] calloutlist element question

This reference has an annotated example of using callouts.

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/AnnotateListing.html#Callouts

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 9:49 AM
Subject: [docbook] calloutlist element question

To whom it may concern,

I am unclear of the <calloulist> element and it's function. I am fairly new to docbook and xml, so I am not sure if this is something common to programmers. Specifically, what is a "calloutlist", a "callout" and what is the meaning of the "arearefs" attribute?

The following definition for calloutlist was found at the docbook.org site, but it is unclear to me: calloutlist: A CalloutList is a list of annotations or descriptions. Each Callout points to the area on a Graphic, ProgramListing, or Screen that it augments.

Here is an example in code:
<chapter>
    <title>Example</title>
        <calloutlist>