Subject: Announce: DocBook V4.3 Released

As approved by the DocBook TC at the 17 Mar 2004 meeting[1], I have
published DocBook V4.3 as a Committee Draft[2] (formerly called a
Committee Specification) in XML[3] and SGML[4]. I have also
published RELAX NG[5] and W3C XML Schema[6] versions, informally.

The EBNF[7], HTML Forms[8], MathML[9], and SVG[10] modules have been
updated to be extensions of DocBook XML V4.3. These modifications have
not been approved by the TC.

I also fixed a bug in Simplified DocBook[11]. The V1.1b2 release
ostensibly allowed <anchor> elements, but in practice it didn't allow
them in the right places.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200403/msg00032.html
[2] http://docbook.org/specs/cd-docbook-docbook-4.3.html
[3] http://docbook.org/xml/4.3/